At least I know what to look for. I was able to secure the wires so they are
well away from the moving parts, so I doubt the existing harness will be
similarly affected.

I would add that when I disassembled the clutch I found the remains of a very
small tie wrap, which was broken.  I suspect this failed and allowed the wires
to move around and contact the pulley, wearing through the wires.

Dan

Sent from my iPad