I had my AC checked today -- was 1.5#'s low. It has had a slow leak for years but usually the air gets warmer and warmer. This time it was fine one day and the compressor was no working the next.... Anyway - fixed now - hopefully it'll last until next year. It is getting cooler finally but we'll have a few more warm days I suspect.

Good luck with yours Wilton --
LarryT
91 300D

On 9/30/2013 10:05 AM, WILTON wrote:
I'll check fuse; may even replace it.  ;<)
First, they'll put gages on it to determine if it has any charge; if none or insufficient, they'll put some in it; if comp. still not running, they'll bypass temp and pressure switches to try to make it run, etc.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry T" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 Climate Control Unit/PBU

I am sure the other comments are probably most accurate but there is a fuse that controls the AC Compressor - at least there is one on my 91 300D.

Seems my 91 is mimicing yours - last week my compressor stopped working - not intermittently like yours, just stopped. Goes to shop tomorrow - not sure how they test for Low Pressure without the Compr running but that's for them to solve...

Anyway - if your fuse is not making good contact it could cause intermittent operation of the Compr.

LarryT