> Ugh...Well, someone had time to black out the grill, time to install
> aftermarket wheels, time to install a spoiler, time to install clear
> marker lights & time to install an aftermarket warm air intake (not sure
> how they figure air drawn from under the hood is cooler).

Yep, it's far enough from the radiator to call it a warm air intake.
Sometimes (not usually on mbz diesels) you see them directly behind the
radiator, or inches away from the exhaust manifold. I call those hot air
intakes.

The odd part is the car came with a very effective intake system pulling
cold air directly from outside the fender. Not to mention the engine
probably won't go "another 200k miles" without a decent air filter on it.

I asked him about the Becker and the 'factory cold air intake system'.
Should be interesting to see if he publishes my question and his answer.

Mitch.