Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 00:08:32 -0400
From: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Balky 300TD wiper, then it worked, and then nothing

The wipers on my1983 300TD stopped suddenly last week, then started up
again a few seconds later.  Today, in interval mode, they stopped and I
could hear a buzzing sound.  When I switched to higher speed the sound went
away but the wipers remained inoperable. After a minute or two, they sprang
back to life.  Interestingly, the rear wiper also ceased operating during
the outage.  I went to the store, came out a few minutes later, and turned
on the wipers.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.  Front or rear.  Now I am totally
scre*ed.

Of course, the next 4 days are supposed to be rainy after 3 weeks of
drought.  Any ideas?  Is there a wiper relay?  Where is it?

Andrew
1985 300TD
1983 300TD

Sent from my iPhone