Interstate mail fraud... that makes it a federal crime.  Contact your
postal inspector.
Their retirement depends on steady work... they will investigate it.

The 3 letter agencies that will rain down on this individual will become
the thing of hollywood movies, if the facts support it.

As with anything of this nature, document , document, document, each
communication becomes another count of fraud or supports the charges of
fraud.

Good luck, the wheels of justice grind slowly, but exceedingly fine.