My experience is to get tested. I had a history of intestinal issues since my
appendectomy in 1995.  Not sure if there is any connection, however the
problems started soon after. At 40  I started colonoscopies anally, I mean
annually.  :-)  Pre-cancerous signs showed up around 2008 and after several
recommendations to remove my colon, I went ahead with a total colectomy.  In my
case it probably saved my life.  But who knows?  You try to make the best
decisions to stay alive a little longer

Michael E. Esh
231-286-2344