Wow.  A three car garage with work space.

I hate you.

<grin>

When we bought the "Momolith", as I named the behemoth place in Indy, there was
going to be a good 2-3 weeks of work done before we could move in.  Amazingly,
the garage floor was almost pristine, considering the original owners had lived
in the house for 2-3 years before bailing.

I did a lot of research an ended up doing an epoxy finish using the Rustoleum
products.  I spent a lot of time doing the prep, which, like anything else, is
the key to getting good results.  This included an acid etch of the whole floor
as well as borrowing a Blastrac scarifier from a dairy farm buddy to very
lightly rough up the floor.

The Rustoleum product is a two part epoxy that you mix prior to application
with a working time of about 2 hours, IIRC.  I also added some of the "sand"
material to it as well, since cars would be in here with water and snow, making
the finished floor like a skating rink otherwise.

All in all it worked out well and the end result was satisfactory.  I had one
area where it lifted due to tire heat despite having cured for over a week.  I
took pictures of this and sent a note to the Rustoleum people, who called me
and discussed the possibilities for a fix.  They sent me some materials for
free, which I used to fix the lifted area.  Second time must have been the key,
as it was fine after that.  The new material blended well and was imperceptible
as a fix after it cured.

I had a former fellow employee who's husband had a business that did poured
epoxy floors, such as those that are used in commercial labs (his biggest
customer was Eli Lilly.)  I tried to track him down to see if he could do my
garage but I was never able to find him.  That would have been the way to go,
but I'm sure it would have been expensive.

I think the DIY stuff is fine, but you have to make sure the surface is
surgically clean for it to stick.  If there is any question about your ability
to achieve this, leave it to a professional.

Dan