Yes, unfortunately there are.

When I was at Penney's today I found one little rotating rack with some mostly
holiday themed, self tied bow ties.

It seems to be hit or miss - last time I was there they actually had several
racks of them and there were some pretty nice ones.  I didn't want to get
carried away so I only bought one.  That'll teach me.

eBay can be a good source for them too.

I got a Jerry Garcia (regular) tie for a birthday gift last week.  Not often
you hear of someone getting a tie for a gift and liking it...

Dan