I was in construction management for years and when we built an Alumin Smelting Plant we also built a lab - and the lab floor had to withstand acid spills (acid was used frequently in testing the alum) -- we put down a epoxy floor embedded with bits of copper. The floor was polished with large spinning polishers with abrasives to wear the copper and epoxy down to a pre-determined level. Once done it was perfectly smooth and acid would not affect it. It ended up with a rosy looking appearance - from the copper I believe.

BTW, what do you plan to do that the epoxy floor will not withstand? i have it in my new shop (about 5 yrs old) and except where my son used a axe to break up wood for the woodstove -- seems he missed the wood and hit the floor but it was the concrete that failed - not the epoxy....
Good luck!

 LarryT
91 300D
Please Visit My AMSOIL Online Store: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/default.aspx?zo=5114156