One question. Who are "WE" ?

 "Victory over Germany was declared on May 18th, 1945. The
time it took from the Declaration of War to Victory over Germany was 3 years, 5
months and 7 days. Actually amazing when you consider it."

Others were fighting and dying for some time before WE got involved.

The rest I agree with.

Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred.