Curt wrote:
> We've had an early freeze here, ground is hard frozen a good 4 inches down.
> The center of the compost pile still steams when I open it to make an
> addition though.

Not so much here in ChiTown.
Walks in the Forest Preserve is much mud and wet leaves to slip on.
Beautiful warm day for a walk, and it was misting.
Compost pile - it is amazing what nice black dirt develops from plant
matter after compost.  Plus, it decreases our garbage output to very
little and then we try to recycle glass and plastic and paper and
cardboard.  Not anymore, though.  The recycle bins have been
eliminated, so I guess all our recycle stuff goes to landfill which is
probably where it went anyway.
mao