Bad glow plug, but not burned out. That 603 will start right up even with flaky plugs at 55F.

0F is another story, and I'll get to test mine soon. I think I have an air leak in the suction side somewhere, probably the lift pump o- ring or fuel thermostat, it idles really rough when cold, but silky smooth when it's hot and I've been rolling along at light throttle.

Naturally, I didn't get around to replacing hoses, etc while it was warm and will now probably freeze my fingers off.

Peter