To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] glue oozing mirror

Must be the adhesive holding the glass to the plastic frame that is
deconstructiing/melting/dribbling away...

On 1/6/06, Royce Engler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My '85 300TD has an oozing mirror...same yellow foamy stuff.  The first
owner bought it in OKC and sold it to a guy in Houston after a couple of
years, and I bought it when it was 5 years old, so it's been in Houston
for
the better part of its 20 year life.  I know I never did anything to the
mirror, and owner #2 was a banker who barely knew how to open the hood, if
you get my drift, so I don't think it's a PO done thing.

My vote would be that it's from being baked in the sun...probably the same
thing that causes the Grand Canyon cracks on my dash.  Although...my wife
might say that the air pollution in Houston had something to do with it.

Royce Engler
1985 300TD Turbo 265K