So my former partner and I split up, which meant I took over tending the
more phlegmatic of our two black litter mate cats (she claimed the more
affectionate one).

Anyway, he has done splendidly in his new home, but the production of
composting material has declined precipitously.  What's an organic gardener
to do?  Would I be justififed in staging home invasions solely to raid the
litter boxes?

Andrew
In service to my feline boss