Based on the M100 level of tech, the W140 is a technical disaster with massive economic impact to a future owner. The S600 is twice as complex as the standard model, as it would be loaded with bells, whistles and subsystems that can not be hand crafted in the manner one could with a Grosser. Door locks, closing assist, ACC, ESP, Air ride, magic windows, heated seats, moving rear seats, rear seat business tech upgrades, and the over engineered engine with biodegrading wire. All in a shell that looks the same as any other W140 on the road, unless it is LWB. Even then it looks much the same. I posit the w126 will be held in much higher esteem than a w140 as collectable in future. The SEC and SEL were built much better, with higher quality systems. Far fewer computers to go wonky, and still put together by well trained German employees.

clay

Singin to the choir my friend. 126 and the 600 Grosser represent the postwar epitome of MB engineering of their eras.