Hi Don,

1) Yes.

2) You betcha.

3) 5W-40 first choice, 15W-50 second choice, nothing else.

4) Uh - the answer to that is 'Mobil-1'.

The 5W-40 is very similar to Delvac-1, and I believe both it and the
15W-50 have friction modifiers. Both would be fine for most motocycles
with wet clutches, and I have used various M-1 weights in my bikes.
However, for motorcycle use there is a special formula of Mobil-1 in
various weights, that is designed for the MUCH different shearing
loads seen in motorcycles, since the engine oil also lubes the
sequential gearbox and clutch. In a nutshell, if the 'car' M-1 makes
your bike act funny, use the 'bike' M-1. Most bikes aren't that picky
though, despite some people's claim to the contrary. FWIW, my 300E
uses about a quart every 1500 miles or less. I fill with M-1 5W-40,
then when it needs oil, I top up with 30W dino. By the time it's due
for a change, I probably still have more than half M-1 in the
crankcase. Maybe I'll try new valve seals in that engine and see if it
helps...

:)

-Dave M.