Hello Everyone.

A while ago I put a note on the list about finding a battery for my 240D. I got a lot of good advice as always from the list (Thank you). My problem was that some of the batteries had lower CCA than I wanted. Also, the big parts stores say "yes, we have it" but they don't HAVE it. I need to travel to the far away store that does have it. The Sears website does not work on my computer etc. I called the old run-down service center and parts store Pep Boys and they had a Bosch Premium battery in the store. 1000CA at 32 degrees and 850 CCA and a good warranty. For $113. I have a battery that fits perfectly and spins the engine faster than any battery I've ever had in the car. The old diesel springs to life in mid 20s temps. It all worked out well. They would have put it in for me but of course, the car wouldn't run.

A very Happy New Year to all!

John Ingram
83  240D  309K