I still long for my 115 (R.I.P.). If I ever see one that's rebuilt or rebuildable, I'll probably buy it. It is my all time favorite Mercedes for driving around a small town or small city.
Gerry

I excluded the 115 dissel ( /8 )from my list because I never drove one much. My only experience was driving a 76 300D 115 about 500 miles on its final journey. It was sad, but the old car ran great with the rusty back fenders flapping in the wind and parts and pieces falling off in a jetsam trail after each bump.

The /8 visiblity is as good as heckflosse, and in general although some improvements were made, the /8 is not much different in the good qualities than the heckflosse. The big improvement was the fully independent rear suspension. In return, the trunk was not as cavernous as the heckflosse. After '75, the extra cylinder was available, that that was good for interstate highway merging.

If you love a /8, you will love driving a heckflosse, and vice versa.