> > Fmiser wrote:

> > So - is it better?  For how I use an email client, it seems to
> > be the best choice.  I rather like Mutt - but again IMAP was
> > clumsy so I gave up on it.  I tried GNUS in Emacs, Thunderbird,
> > Epiphany, alpine, evolution, kmail, and maybe others.  However,
> > I agree with the Mutt author with regard to all email clients.
> >
> >   "All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less."
> >       - Michael Elkins author of Mutt, circa 1995

> Dieselhead wrote:
>
> There is a major difference in your use from mine You use IMAP.
> I set up gmail for POP.  I use POP for everything.

I collect all mail with POP3, then serve in on the lan using IMAP.
I do _not_ leave any mail on any server that isn't mine!

> One of the benefits of Eudora is the ease of archiving and
> searching.

I'm pretty sure Eudora used mbox format - which is on file for each
folder.  Sylpheed and Claws-mail use maildir format - which is one
file for each message.

> Eudora is easy to archive 10-20 years of email and be able to
> search it, and easy to move machine to machine.

You just need to be sure to "pack" the folders after changes.  I
prefer maildir.

Regarding searching, I use mairix.  It creates an index and so the
search is _fast_.  I expect it's only available for Linux.

--   Philip