Let's see, the clowns running the 2000 elections in South Fl couldn't (or
wouldn't or at least did't) maintain their punch card equipment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of
roger...@comcast.net
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:32 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Political History, and a not so funny for andrew

Tim,
If you think computers are not risky at counting votes by themselves while
leaving no detailed trail, then I have some perfectly good, but "moist" land
I'll sell you next to the creek here in Georgia. Personally, I think you
need something as an audit trail as our voting machines, I believe, were
once created by a company owned by the South American dictator who gave our
POTUS a questionable book as a gift. Doesn't leave me with a good, safe
feeling. I like the punch cards, but then someone thought they were
"pregnant" and not safe. Not sure whether our current system is more prone
to "abortions" or the old system that could look pregnant.
Just saying.....
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale