Interesting that this comes up...  I've seen several of these for sale
lately, all needing a transmission.  All with over 150k miles.  I've been
somewhat tempted to pick one up as a beater/tow vehicle, but I might just
buy a cheap W126 for that task!

How does one identify if the issue is the conductor plate?  If its stuck in
first?

Jaime

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> Anybody know anything about transmission trouble in early MLs?  There is
> one on locally for cheap, but I don't want to look into it unless it's a
> reasonable repair.
>
> Peter

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/