Craig wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 05:41:31 -0800 (PST) Curt Raymond
<curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

A common problem for snowmobiles too. Snow picks are a common solution.
The go-fast kids put 144 or 288 picks in the snowmobile track. I've
been thinking about putting some in my big Ski-Doo, getting stuck on
ice sucks. If I did I wouldn't put more than 96. Ones you go over 144
you risk track damage when a pick pulls out.

A damaged track out in the boonies would be a real hassle!

BTW, why 144 or 288, why not 150 or 250?

I'm guessing the track/belt has 48 links in it and you want to spread the spikes evenly.

Mitch.