Went to the PO this morning to pick up a set of cast aluminum oil tubes for one
of my M119 engines.  These were typically made of plastic and have a nasty
habit of the end caps popping off, causing oil pressure to drop on one or more
lifters.  MB made cast aluminum ones for a couple of years, but they're scarce
as hen's teeth.  Buddied up with a guy over in Cocoa Beach that trolls the
local P&Ps for them, puts them in the ultrasonic cleaner and puts new O rings
on them.  Been waiting for a set for months and just got the call from him last
week. Score!

Went under the S500 to try and identify the slow leak, more like seepage, of PS
fluid.  Figured one of the hoses had gotten porous from age and temps, but no
such thing - thank goodness, as the PS lines on the W140 are near impossible to
replace in frame.  The WIS says to drop the steering gear to get them out.

Anyway, it turns out my seepage is coming from a stubby little low pressure
line that runs between the bottom of the PS reservoir and the top of the pump.
It's all of maybe 2" in length, but it's buried underneath the reservoir.
Close inspection shows that the pump has to come out to replace it, unless the
top tube can be pressed out of the casting it's in according to the diagrams in
the  EPC.  The bottom clamp on it was loose, and I was able to get a 1/4 drive
with a universal on the clamp and tighten it.  I'm hoping that's the end of
that.

Cleaned the interior out and gave the car a good washing.  I'll be handing the
keys over to the youngest tonight or tomorrow, in order to keep the love
flowing for MB products in the family.  I hope he treats it well.  If not, I'll
know it....

Dan