Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 01:28:52 -0600
From: Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Video Camera

It almost hard to find a camera with poor video.  And - in my
opinion - the best way to make a video look good is improve the
audio.  With that in mind, I would insist on a camera with a mic
jack.  Unless you plan to narrate the entire thing during post
production (editing).

A tripod is pretty important too.  If you plan to pan/tilt the
camera while the "tape" is running, plan to get a video tripod.  If
it won't move, any tripod that will hold the camera still should be
fine.

And at least a couple lights - video lights could be nice, but even
just a couple matching lamps in droplights or those spun aluminum
reflector cone things.  Our eyes are much more forgiving of poor
light than the camera.

I think the situation has improved, but a few years ago there was
often trouble with incompatible codecs between the solidstate
record cameras and the edit software.  May still be worth checking.

I'm quite please with the service and feature set of the various
Canon still and video cameras I have owned and used.  That's where
I would start. *smiles*

--  Philip