That's an interesting picture you paint! you mentioned the horse at 10mph - that would have seemed like you were going incredibly fast at the time! People never saw much higher speed than 10mph unless falling from a cliff until the mechanical engines were created (a little before your 100 yr time frame). back in 2014 (the year my Dad was born) the Wright Bros with their crazy ideas had been in the air for several years, motor vehicles were beginning to populate the muddy, rutted roads of America. The Ford Model T started production in 1908 BTW.

The good ol days ;-^

Sincerely,
Larry