it was a good thing in that a USA friendly nuclear power with a long border
with russia and a huge military would be a thorn in the foot of the soviet
union.  china tips the balance of power to one side or the other

and this remains true, in fact, it's even more truer today.  china trades
their junk product for dollars to buy oil to make more junk product to
trade for more dollars.  china is rich and getting richer and they have a
vested interest in propping up the USA, which on its own merits would just
be one giant detroit in no time at all.  but what if china decides the USA
is a sick lost cause, the ottoman empire of the 21st century?  maybe they
trade junk for oil with russia instead, becoming energy dependent on
russia, cutting the USA out of the equation?  this could easily be the end
of the USA as we know it.

guys like nixon and kissinger are thinking about the big picture in world
affairs.  china was and is the big picture

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Dwight Giles <dwight.gi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I used to have one after Nixon opened up trade with China.  And we all
> thought that was a good thing in 1973.
> On Jan 28, 2014 8:52 PM, "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dwight wrote:
> > > And I thought all these years it was because you had a blue cotton
> > workers
> > > cap with a red star.
> >
> > Thanks for the idea.
> > ...gotta go search ebay now...
> > mao

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com <http://www.BuyEUROparts.com>*