Preparedness is the key, of course, on the part of government entities and populace. Attitude is a large part of it, too - if you know you're ready to handle it, you don't mind proceeding as usual. If ya know you're gonna have 2 to 3 blizzards a week, a la MI UP, regardless of anything you can do about it, you get on with life.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Hurst" <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Icepocalyspe

it is curious to explore this.  for 6 years, i lived by lake ontario.  it
started snowing at the end of october and ended in april.  sometimes it
would snow a few feet in one snowfall. , nothing ever got shut down on
account of it

it may just be about preparedness but someone has suggested that the
quality of snow is different in the southland, as it's more ice forming
type the fluffy white powdery stuff.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Rich Thomas <