Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 20:44:09 -0500
From: "arche...@embarqmail.com" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 85 people own half the worlds wealth and 99% of the
    non citizens

That was common practice during the 1930s; prison or the army at $20 per
month.  That was before soldiers had any rights.  An officer could shoot
an enlisted man who refused or disobeyed a direct order and there were
no criminal penalties filed against the officer, but there was a hearing
to determine if the shooting was justified.
Gerry

On 1/27/2014 11:12 PM, Hendrik and Fay wrote:
> .......I think giving young criminals a choice of serving in the
> forces or jail, might be a good thing, as they already have some of
> their life taken away.
Hendrik who did not serve