Thanks, I checked that right away.
Is there supposed to substantial movement of the fluid in the reservoir when I rev the engine or turn the wheel? I 'am seeing no movement at all.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Desert Rat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1982 Mercedes 300SD Wagon - Power Steering pump failure.

Wonder if by chance you left the old filter in the housing? That's
something I would do!

On 1/11/06, MICHAEL ESH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Any ideas on why the power steering would fail completely all at once?
It was working fine yesterday and today it is not working at all.
I popped the top and the reservoir is full to the proper line and when I turn the steering wheel there is no groaning, squeaking, squealing, or whining. (Other than my own of course)
It has no leaks whatsoever.
The only thing that happened recently was the pump was flushed and new fluid and a filter were added. I used ATF Fluid to refill.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

John Freer
Palm Springs, CA