Dieselhead,
I too was a flip phone person until recently. I use Consumer Cellular; great
service, low price, and no contracts, plus AARP discount. One of my old flips
started to not maintain a battery charge, got new battery and still no joy. So,
I called to ask if they would be ok if I purchased my own iPhone and they said
sure. I did this because the old flip phones I have are 2G and that is going
away this year. So, I acquired two iPhone 3Gs on ebay, got a really good price,
called Consumer Cellular, they sent me new SIM cards which I installed, called
back their support and they activated both phones, all for free. I'm really
happy as in some respects they are easier to use than my flip phones,
nicer/bigger screen, plus all the free apps, plus I connected right up to my
inhouse WiFi modem and I'm a happy camper. Now I realize that I'm probably
easier for the NSA to find now than before, but it's a risk I'll have to take.
I figure if the NSA is after me, they must really be bored. But then ma
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.