On 19/02/2014 10:55 AM, Jim Cathey wrote:
I sort of think that if it was much more basic than it is, my 76 115 would have a crank out front to start the engine.

Yours doesn't?  :-)

wiring setup under the hood with fuses in a number of different spots

Only one fuse block in mine, except for the one I added for
the auxiliary lights.

I don't think a car gets more basic than mine.  Manual everything.
Crank windows, manual locks.  Its fanciest features are the light
in the glove box, and the intermittent wipers.  Fuel gauge is electric,
but all other instruments are mechanical.  (I did swap in a quartz
clock.)  No AC.  Heater fan works.

I like it, the visibility and simplicity are great.

-- Jim

That is one thing I loved about the old 36 chevy my dad had. If the battery was down, you could crank it.

Same with the IH H.