Was that a before or after pic of Slidell?

--R

John Berryman wrote:

On Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006, at 14:36 US/Eastern, LT Don wrote:

that is backwards -- wasn't it Florida, Texas, and THEN Louisiana?

Uh........NO!!!! I was pre-deployed to Houston then sent to Slidell and Mandeville La on the tailwinds of Katrina as a probe to evaluate the overall situation and see what if anything we could accomplish. I was then called back to Houston and given a crash course on registering FEMA applicants. Then hit all the Mass Shelters in Houston to get folks registered and get some initial help to evacuees. Next I was deployed to Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Mettarie, Chalmette and St Bernard's Parrish to perform disaster housing inspections. I was also treated to hurricane Rita during this time period. From this locale, I was deployed to Covington http://pictures.insulators.com/pictures/9/131065109.jpg (where I found my new Dobie pup "Arlo"), Slidell http://www.huthwaite.com/images/Slidell.jpg (a typical sight) and Lacombe . From there I was sent to Ft Meyers Fl then to the East coast to inspect homes damaged by Hurricane Wilma in Martin, Palm Beach and Okeechobee counties. I bought a 1986 190D 2.5 Euro w/ 62,000mi on it from the original owner and headed back to Covington, La to pick up my now 5 month old Dobie. I then headed off to my place in Vanleer, Tennessee for a little R&R and some dog training ( I wanted to do some training outdoors and it was -5 F at my home in Bolton Landing, NY). So, Big Don,I said what I meant and the chronological order is correct. Thanks for asking though.

Johnny B
I Mac Therefore I am