I remember one "Fluid Drive" Chrysler product that had no clutch pedal. When you started off or shifted, synchromesh or another type of clutch seemed to line up the gears.

Another interesting Chrysler product had either the first, or one of the first, ATs. I was told that it had brass gears which had to be treated gently. I drove my sisters during the 1940s for about a month. If you gave it just the least little too much gas the AT would jump out of gear and not go back in gear until the revs dropped. This led to some hairy traffic situations with squealing tires, honking horns, and irate drivers when the AT jumped out of gear while driving across a busy street.
Gerry