people are becoming pretty we informed about the big Oil profit being around 3%. Lower than virtually all other industries. The people really raking the money via gas sales is the government - state and Federal!

Sincerely,
Larry

On 3/21/2014 8:58 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
Most of our "foreign oil" comes from Canada though so the argument that our
military is fighting over oil seems unlikely to me.

Still and all our government gives big oil a buncha tax breaks and they get lots of help building
pipelines and whatnot. All for companies that make gazillions of dollars. I liked in "Who
Killed the Electric Car" how they pointed out that the US paid big money to help develop
hybrids so the big 3 could say "Hybrids? Nobody wants 'em!" Then Toyota and Honda make
bank on hybrids. Now Ford and GM are so behind they lease last generation hybrid tech from the
asians.

-Curt

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 19:49:31 -0500
From: Mountain Man <maontin....@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] People are generally holding on

Dan wrote:
When electric or hybrid cars become competitively priced and are economical to
operate, I'm on board.

Pricing of everything needs a revamp.
Total cost of everything involved needs to be included.  We still do
WWII clean up at Knoxville, Hanford, LANL, and many other places.
That cost still is never included in any cost/benefit analyses.  We
need that cost when we figure gas/diesel/electric but we won't do that
since gov't supported free-market multi-national corporations never
pay for half of the disposition of end-of-life resources.
mao