How do I fix a chronic situation where
the driver's door lock freezes up on my W123 300TD?

Dry it, lube it, and perhaps check to see if the thin
plastic drip shield (inside) has been lost.

I'd take it apart, use WD40 to get rid of the water,
brake cleaner to get rid of the WD40, then lube it
with something appropriate like graphite.  While it's
apart you can check into the drip shield issue.

-- Jim