Hi:

I have read with interest your considered views on Wally's world.  I have
been in their store, but I don't enjoy the experience.  I do go there for M1
and for .22 lr ammo, but those are items I don't need very frequently.  I
tolerate the experience only because I can enter and leave the store via the
tire sales door in the back, and do not have to run the gauntlet of all
their departments to do so.  I buy all my groceries at 1 of 3 stores:
Chuck's Produce (a local company), Costco, and Winco (a PNW small chain).  I
never think of Wally's for purchasing food.  I prefer the little Ace store
for hardware.  If it's not in stock there I can order online and have it
delivered to my neighborhood store for free.

That said, I don't think Wally's is any better or worse as an employer than
many other companies that pay low wages.  Everyone needs somewhere to start
out in the workplace.  People should make sure that this class of employment
is not their dead-end.  Most of us did not expect to raise a family on the
wages we were earning at our first job.  Even so, it is possible to survive
in a very frugal lifestyle on surprisingly little income (and I have done so
at times).

Greg