Perhaps one of our better deutsch speakers could produce a transcript of the more important parts, like the cross wind test. The test involves the 123 driving at 100kmh through a 100kmh cross wind and the deviation is then measured. Mostly the bloke goes on about how good it is and that there is no real competitors from other manufacturers.

Hendrik
whos German is a bit rusty

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:59 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rare 300D (W123) test film from 1976 German TV

neat.  Too bad I cant understand german.

V Layton wrote:

This seems to be new on the net, sorry if you've all seen it ages ago
but I thought it was so cool I had to speak up anyway.  I've been
seeking this sort of thing for years, while this was very satisfying, it
has not exactly helped cure my desires for more W123 history!  Scroll
down to "free" and wait for a promt with an on-screen human verificaton
code type thing.  It's totally worth a look, and it's in German.

http://rapidshare.de/files/10393112/test_300d.wmv.html

Vince
Club 123D President
Aspiring W123 historian

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,
 84 250 LWB, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
 76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net