i used to use the dick van patton stuff for both dogs and cats.  i was also
big on innova before they sold out.  solid gold products for teh dogs.  a
few2 others as well.  the dogs also really liked the bloody raw meat stuff
but that just go them so crazy at feeding it was scary to watch

science diet has a terrible reputation among the high end feed buffs for
being all about the undigestable fillers, mostly in terms of corn

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> <head slap>
>
> We put ours on Blue Buffalo when it came out.  Before that we used
> Eukanuba, but in hindsight, it's really crappy food.  One of the ways they
> (IAMS) mess with the ingredients is to weigh the proteins before
> dehydration, which, of course, grossly skews the actual content.  Right
> after the protein you start seeing the by-products, which is a bad sign as
> well.
>
> Science Diet cat food always had a bad rap amongst breeders because they
> use corn gluten as a major ingredient, which is tough for cats to digest.
> They also like to use brewers rice as well, another ingredient that's tough
> on kitty's digestive tract.
>
> Some of the worst stuff out there is sold by the largest companies.  What
> you want to look for is the first three or four ingredients - there should
> be no filler grains.  The main protein should not be a by-product.
>
> Using these criteria you'll find that most of the major cat food suppliers
> are selling crap.
>
> Dan
>

> On Apr 14, 2014, at 5:24 PM, arche...@embarqmail.com wrote:
>
> > ROFL!!!.....and where is any real documentation for the claims you make
> about cat food?  Vets sell more Hills/Science than any other kind and they
> are the ones who suffer if a clients pet doesn't do well.   "Spots Stew?",
>  "Dog Advisor?"  Poor Buster!
> >
> > Besides that, dogs are much different than cats as everyone knows.  You
> didn't see the BLM sicking "cats" on the protestors in Nevada and trying to
> destroy the innocent rancher Bundy just to give his ranch to the Chinese,
> now did you?
> >
> > In addition, why are you even considering buying a "Toyota" pickup when
> you have such a low opinion of "Toyota" Prius'?
> >
> > Gerry....whose cats spent their whole lives eating Hills cat food and
> happily lived to a ripe old age.
> >
> > On 4/14/2014 3:24 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
> >> Friends don't let friends feed Science Diet.
> >> I can't speak to their cat food but their dog food is low end garbage.
> Its mostly vegetable matter, much of it stuff dogs can't digest. Why pay
> extra for filler? PetCo and other fine pet retailers will carry a full line
> of GOOD pet food. We're currently feeding Buster Halo "Spots Stew" although
> I can't remember which one exactly. Its a 4 star
> http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/halo-dog-food-dry/ rated
> food. Very few controversial ingredients (unlike Science Diet) and most
> importantly he likes it...
> >>
> >> -Curt
> >>
> >> Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:50:25 -0400
> >> From: "arche...@embarqmail.com" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
> >> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> >> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Gummit corruption Wuz: POLITICS
> >>
> >> Find a vet who sells Hills/Science Diet/Prescription cat food.  The girl
> >> at the desk might be able to help you pick a non-fattening  dry food you
> >> can leave out 24/7 for kitty to eat when he's hungry.  Next time you
> [...]

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com <http://www.BuyEUROparts.com>*