Thanks Dan,
I will put them on the next time I adjust the valves.

Michael E. Esh
me...@horizonenv.com
michael...@mac.com
http://www.yugster.com/invite/138123
(C) 231.286.2344

On Apr 15, 2014, at 07:05 AM, Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

I think just about all of the valve covers use crush washers over the years.

I have noticed that since I went to 15W-50 it takes a second or two more of
cranking to start the car. I assume it's because of the thicker oil. This is
cold starts only?

Dan

Sent from my iPad

       > On Apr 14, 2014, at 7:58 PM, Mike Esh <michael...@mac.com      > wrote:
       >
       > Does my 1984 300D require these crush washers? I have had a 1973 240D,
1981 240D, 1981 300SD, 1982 300TD, and currently a 1984 and 1985 300D and I have
never seen these being used on the valve cover.
       > Michael E. Esh
       > me...@horizonenv.com
       > michael...@mac.com
       > http://www.yugster.com/invite/138123
       > (C) 231.286.2344
       >
       > On Apr 14, 2014, at 03:31 PM, Craig <diese...@pisquared.net  > wrote:
       >
       > On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:37:50 -0400 Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com      >
wrote:

       >        > I have a set of the OE metal tubes. Guess I need to order
some valve
       >        > cover seals and upper chain guides. Any need to order new
copper crush
       >        > washers for the valve covers?
       >        >        > This is for an M119 engine.
       >
       > From the name you gave, "copper crush washers," I would buy new.
       >

       > Craig

individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no