On Saturday, Jan 14, 2006, at 11:33 US/Eastern, dave walton wrote:

I'm curious what they use the air pressure for. Venturi vacuum?

-Dave Walton
94S350, 99E300

I didn't open the link but from your question, I can imagine that it is the type I am familiar to working with. The air pressure forces a bladder into a cavity, when the pressure is released it creates a vacuum on the other side of the bladder, hence sucking whatever fluid the tube is immersed in into the cavity. Very quiet and effective but much more than the average guy on this list needs. It would be like buying a tractor to mow a 60'x80' lot. Regardless of all the hype, it still is perfectly OK to pull the drain plug when changing oil. At least then you can use one of the washers that comes with your new oil filter.

Johnny B
I Mac Therefore I am