Folks

It sounds like the dealer folks were a bit baffled by the sls system

is it circulating hydraulic fluid?

did you open the bleeder valve in the control valve .... when opened the suspension should drop

on my 82 300td altho the ride is terrible and the car sinks at rest, the system maintains ride height when weight is added (such as a trailer!)

i'm considering doing oil analysis to my hydraulic fluid to see if it's contaminated with oil from the engine via entry from a bad seal at the back of the hydraulic pump (it's black)

this is all such a joy

i now have gallons of sls fluid and new ebay spheres for $175 or so per pair

i may go on and rebuild the pump seals (i have a spare pump out of the car that i could service)

old mercedes cars are not cheap to maintain even if the labor is free!!

i'm hesitant to remove the sls valve because the fittings are prone to stripping (the aluminum body threads)

These are my saturday evening sls thoughts

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins