123's are STILL very good looking cars. A well maintained, immaculate one is fantastic. 'Still miss my '80 240D.
'Best riding/driving, though, is 126.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dwight Giles" <dwight.gi...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I'm back

Well not to start a 123/124 flame but I love /loved the looks of my 123
sedans and CD. That said,  for the last 8 years my daily driver has been a
124 sedan that I think is butt ugly. Pun intended- rear too narrow etc
But it is the best car I have ever owned over 50 years in terms of driving
and cost of operating. (300-500 miles a week) )So Andrew you are right
about looks  but IMHO if you ever need a serious daily driver I think in
general it's hard to beat a 124.