Harry,

What were your plans that are now kinked? For the record, any cars
with 9004 bulbs are screwed - there is nothing you can do to improve
those. For MB's with H3 or H4 bulbs (including most all Euro lights),
there are some premium bulbs that do put out more light at stock
wattage, but the tradeoff is higher cost (about $40/pair) and shorter
life (couple hundred hours). Anything with a blue tint is for
appearance, not performance, despite claims to the contrary. I can
post more info & links if anyone is interested.

For the record, two of my 124's have Euro lights with relays and I use
high-wattage "Rally" bulbs in those. In my VW with Euro lights but no
relays, I use the premium "plus 50" stock wattage bulbs. My third 124
has stock, crappy DOT lighting with 9004 bulbs... duct-taping a pair
of D-cell Mag Lites to the hood would be an improvement.

:)

-Dave M.