Actually, that (paper) is precisely how I've managed passwords until now.
But there are sooo many passwords now that I was looking for an easier way.
I take the silence on this subject to mean that folks don't have any factual
information on the subject (or maybe the list is still wonky).

Yesterday, I saw long periods of MBZ silence followed by bursts of OkiBenz
traffic.  That is on my roadrunner account.  For grins, I sent a test post
from my aol account (not registered with OkiBenz) and got an IMMEDIATE reply
that moderator approval would be needed.  Maybe it was a roadrunner problem
or some router issues on the bigger Internet.  Oh well.

Scott