From: Craig <diese...@pisquared.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Fri, May 23, 2014 10:50 am
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1990 Mercedes 300E Battery Question

On Fri, 23 May 2014 06:16:36 -0400 (EDT) Robert Koziak
<rkmerce...@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>     I am looking to purchase a Genuine Mercedes Benz battery for my
> 1990 300E.  I did a search and there were 2 batteries listed one was 74
> AMPS and one was 100 AMPS.  I curretly have the smaller one but wanted
> to find out what is the difference.  Also I would consider other
> batteries and wanted some opinions.  Please include part numbers if you
> have them.

What Amps are you talking about?

The Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) Rich mentioned are usually in the hundreds,
with 740 and 1000 CCA being usual numbers.

The Ampere-Hour capacity for a battery will be in the region you
mentioned.

Are you buying the Genuine Mercedes Benz because that's the easiest?
Since all automobile starting batteries are made by a very few companies,
you could get an equal quality battery less expensively elsewhere.

Craig