Loren, not sure who you had look at it, but now I  feel ***REALLY*** SORRY that
I wasn't able to look at it for you. Would  have saved you a wasted trip.
Sorry, brother.

  Chris

Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I took a look at the "300D" in KC over
the weekend, thanks to Chris
M.  Before I left, I had determined that it was a 300SDL.  A 124 300D, I
would have snapped up.  This SDL needed some serious work, or was a parts
car.  Aside from needing a trans, it needed a windshield, ball joints and
probably everything else in the front end, exhaust system, driver's seat,
work on the sunroof,  RF fender repainted and the left side doors
re-aligned.  IF that work was done, you'd have a 315K SDL that was showing
signs that the cancer worms might bloom next summer.  The engine appeared
to be in top condition, except for needing a couple of glow plugs.

In essence, it was a Kaleb car.  It would have been a great parts car, as
all the sheet metal was straight and I only found putty in the LR
door.  The hood, radiator support and RF fender had been replaced.

They guy who bought it was from Des Moines.   The seller said the buyer had
a rusty SDL with a good engine and trans and was going to put his trans in
this car.  It was not Dan W.  Whoever it is belongs on this list.  Had the
guy from DM not bought it I was going to point it out to Kaleb and everyone
else on the list.

I met up with my brother and we spent the weekend salvaging Scout and IH
pickup parts near Manhattan KS.  So the trip had a dual purpose, and my
wife never knew i looked at another car in KC!

Loren
Still only 2 SDLs

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"