  Date: 16 Jan 2006 20:25:21 -0000
From: "Alan Duff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] 84 300SD Starter Question
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm looking at a 1984 300SD with 231k miles. In attempting to start it
using booster cables, with a hot jump battery, the starter spings very
slowly. Never gets fast enough to start and he jumper cables get hot to
the touch. Is this a bad starter or some other problem in the
electrical
system?

Alan Duff
Knoxville, TN