Rick Hawkins Java wrote:

i would think there should be some market for it .... a car with no reverse is better than no car at all

But what year was it, a 1994?
the market is almost surely three digits.
A while back, Brianna and I bought (with my money) a $600 Taurus that goes from 2nd to neutral when you slow down, unless you move the lever from D to 3 while you're still going more than 15mph. If you get that wrong, you have to put it in R, wait for reverse to engage, and then select a forward gear again to go again.

Nice running, nice looking car, good AC.
All gears work, just not the hydraulics. Ford valve bodies with pump and solenoids included are readily available for $50-100. That's a $600 car here in Michigan. Offer me $700 and I'll throw in an oil change, a used valve body, and a new mcpherson strut. (some assemply required)

Bought it at the end of April, and haven't received a single payment on it yet, so I'll be swapping valve bodies, replacing a strut, and trying to sell it for $1000-1200. Bri can buy her own car when she's matured enough to save up the money for it.

Mitch.