Not a big deal, but I wonder why the radio in my 83 300SD always comes on full volume when I reconnect the battery and turn the ignition switch to start the car. Even though the radio had been off when the battery was disconnected. It is the original radio/tape player. I have to be quick with the off button to avoid a huge blast of static. Once turned off it will turn on and function in the normal way. And if the battery hasn't been disconnected it always works normally.

When I got the car I disconnected the previous owner's car phone - a big old Audiovox model. Could that be relevant? Thanks.

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

One of the most commonly described features of dreaming is the sense of hurried movement.