On Jul 13, 2014 3:27 PM, "Curt Raymond via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Who was it that had Republic wireless?

I don't, but multiple friends have recommended it.  It is local (Cary NC)
but I've never actually met anyone who works for them.

> I've been thinking of making the switch, which phone do you have? The two
choices are Moto X and Moto G. I'm curious if the X is worth the extra
$150. It looks like either of them will smoke my iPhone.

The G is a strong entry-level phone, but the X is really nice - I
considered switching my Nexus 5 for one, and people who have done so are
generally happy about it.  That said the X+1 should be out very soon,
though I'm not sure how long it will take Republic to offer it.  If you
bought the G and were happy with the Republic service, you could probably
recoup most of the cost of the phone on CL or eBay - they are locked to the
carrier - and then get whatever you wanted at the time.

> I guess the fact that with Republic wireless I'll be saving enough to pay
for the X every 5 months ought to push me to the X. Also I've been pushing
the "Made in USA" thing for awhile and the X is pretty much the only one...

That's the truth!

Best,
Tim

> -Curt

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner
has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.